inquiry investigation to launch our study of physics:
· Will the period (one back and forth swing, or oscillation) be different for different masses? If so, will it be less (swing faster) or greater (swing more slowly) if a heavier mass is used?
· Will the period be different for different length pendulums? Will it decrease (swing faster) or increase (swing more slowly) if a
longer string is used?
· Will the period be different for different starting angles (amplitudes)?
· What factors are involved?
· How will control those factors that you are not testing?
A large part of the work involved in this investigation was thinking about how to measure and record data, as well as the actual physics involved. A great start to a fascinating unit of study!